(1) Cold roll forming steel has a lightweight and saves steel. The steel is processed by cold roll forming equipment, and the cold roll forming effect appears in the bending area of the cold roll forming steel, which improves the strength. Compared with the hot-rolled steel of the same area, the radius of gyration of cold roll forming thin-walled steel can be increased by more than 50%, and its moment of inertia can be increased by about 50% to 180%. Under the same load, it can generally save about 10% to 25% of steel compared to hot rolled section steel. The weight of cold roll forming steel is light. Under the premise of accomplishing the same function, the quality is only 1/8～1/10 of concrete structure, and 1/2～1/3 of the ordinary steel structure.
(2) The structural integrity is stable, the equipment is safe and reliable, and the seismic performance is good. The roof truss, wall panel, and foundation produced by cold roll forming machine are firmly connected together. For such structural houses, especially when the wallboard is attached with OSB board, gypsum board, or corrugated board, a strong skin effect should be considered. In this way, the actual force and deformation of the components are reduced by about 10% to 15% compared with the design of the plane system, which can be used as the safety reserve of the house.
(3) The residual stress and connection mode of cold roll forming steel components are different from those of hot-rolled steel. The residual stress of cold roll forming steel is formed by bending at room temperature, while the residual stress of hot-rolled steel is mainly due to uneven cooling caused by uneven shrinkage and deformation. The distribution and influence of the two are different. Hot-rolled steel components are mainly connected by welding and bolts, while cold roll forming steel components have high technical requirements for thin plate welding and damage the zinc coating. The welding forms include horn welding and resistance spot welding, etc., and there are few applications. Zinc-coated cold roll forming thin-walled steel mainly uses self-tapping and self-drilling screws, rivets, and other connection methods, while cold roll forming steel profiled steel plates are also mechanically connected without connectors (such as occlusal, buckle connection).
(4) The industrialized production of building structures can be realized with a short production cycle. Cold roll forming thin-walled components can basically realize factory standardized production, ensure stable and reliable quality, and help reduce costs. It can be spliced and installed on the construction site, with convenient installation, fast construction speed, high precision, and no seasonal restrictions.
(5) Due to the beautiful appearance of the house, flexible space layout, and large use space, the overall economic benefits are good. Cold roll forming steel houses can be made into colorful roofs and colorful walls with various slopes according to requirements. The colors are bright and durable, and the architectural shape is beautiful. The building space is divided flexibly. The component has a high bearing capacity and a small cross-sectional area, which can increase the usable space by 5%-10% compared to a concrete structure house. The material is not aging, non-combustible, non-mold, non-worm-eaten, and less maintenance. The basic cost of cold roll forming steel houses is close to that of concrete houses, but considering the basic cost and space usage and other related factors, its overall economic benefits are better than concrete structures.